Our Relationship with McDonald's
The Golden Arches' "Charity of Choice" Since 1974
RMHC© is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation and McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor. Portions of the annual operating costs for RMHC© and our network of Chapters around the world are graciously funded by McDonald’s, along with owner/operators of local McDonald’s restaurants. The remainder of our annual operating income comes from the generosity of individual and corporate donors.
McDonald’s involvement extends beyond monetary support:
- Franchises partner with local Chapters for promotional and fundraising events.
- McDonald’s employees are dedicated volunteers.
- Owner/operators participate on local and global RMHC© boards.
- RMHC© Donation Boxes hosted in restaurants are the largest source of ongoing fundraising.
- Since 2002, McDonald’s customers, owner/operators, employees, and suppliers have helped raise hundreds of millions of dollars through McHappy Day events around the world.
- In the U.S., participating McDonald’s restaurants donate proceeds from all daily Happy Meal and Mighty Kids Meal sales to RMHC©.
Although McDonald’s is our largest corporate donor, no company can solely fund RMHC© programs and the growth needed to serve more families. We need the support of the entire community and greatly value any support you can afford to RMHC©, whether it’s through cash donations, your time or fundraising efforts.
Most importantly, our local McDonald operators continue to provide for our children and families everyday here in the Coastal Empire. Their programs have built the Family Room in St. Joseph’s/ Candler Hospital, provided meals for families and events, and most recently, through their generosity, provided $175,000 towards the 2013 refurbishment of the Ronald McDonald House©. Words cannot begin to express the gratitude and thanks from RMHC©, but the smiles on our families faces can… Thank You to our local McDonald’s Family, you are our family.